Built in 1723, the Old North Church (officially Christ Church) remains the oldest active church in Boston.
One if by water, two if by sea
The plaque on the Old North Church steeple marks the edifice as the church immortalized in 'Paul Revere's Ride' by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
Sanctuary of the Old North Church
The sanctuary of the Old North Church is home to rows of family pew boxes. It features a 'wineglass' pulpit, complete with soundingboard - an early architectural addition to magnify the speaker's voice in the era before electric sound systems.
Old North Church organ surrounded by German angels
The church's original organ was installed in 1736. This second organ was installed in 1759 and still retains many components of that 18th-century instrument.
Revere family pew box and footwarmer
A plaque commemorating the 350th anniversary of the founding of the City of Boston is installed just inside the front door of the church.
Old North Church dedication plaque
18th century crypt corridors with added 1920s pipes
The crypts under the church sanctuary hold a charnel house, which is the location of the Boston University forensic anthropology team's academic research.
The single open crypt under the sanctuary
Tomb 23 - William Shippard
Under the front door of the church: Tomb 8 - Rev. Dr. Walter's heirs
Tomb 7 - Captain Samuel Nicholson, first commander of the USS Constitution
Recovered tombstone from Copps Hill Burying Ground