A replica of the 1797 East Indiaman American merchant vessel, moored at the Derby Wharf and part of the Salem Maritime National Historic Site.
Salem Harbor from Derby Wharf
Looking across Salem Harbour towards Marblehead.
The Custom House
Built in 1819, the Custom House was the center of U.S. Customs in Salem, a predominant east coast shipping port during the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. All taxes from imported cargo were collected here for the British government.
Charter Street Old Burying Point
Opened in 1637, the Old Burying Point is the second oldest cemetery in the United States. Only King's Chapel Burying Ground in Boston, Massachusetts (opened in 1630) is older.
Salem Witch Trials Memorial Park
Dedicated in 1992 during the 300th anniversary of the 1692 Salem witch trials, the park is in memory of the twenty innocent men and women who lost their lives during the hysteria. Twenty carved granite benches encircle the park, each carved with the name, date and execution method of each of the victims.
Salem Fire Department Memorial
A marker and bell outside the Chief James F. Brennan Memorial Fire Headquarters, commemorating those lost in the line of duty.
The House of the Seven Gables
The inspiration for Nathanial Hawthorne's 1851 novel of the same name. The house was owned by his cousin, Susanna Ingersoll, and Hawthorne was a regular visitor. At the time, the house only possessed three gables as it had been modernized to the popular federal style. Hawthorne wrote his book based on Susanna's stories and earlier drawings of the house.
The Official Witch Shoppe of Salem
The shop of Laurie Cabot, the Official Witch of Salem
The Salem Witch Museum
Built during the early to mid-nineteenth century, the entirity of Chestnut Street is a national historic site.